- 4 saveloys (cervelat sausages) big
- 4 slices mild Emmentaler AOC as big as the saveloys
- 8 slices bacon thin
- 8 toothpicks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Slice saveloys lengthwise leaving sausage still connected at the back side. Make a 2 cm deep cut on both ends of the saveloys (crosswise to the first cut) so that you get four "fingers" on each end.
- Put a slice of cheese in between the saveloy halves, press saveloys together and wrap with two slices of bacon each.
- Secure with a toothpick and fry stuffed sausage in hot oil at moderate temperatur on both sides for 10 minutes. The cheese should get soft and the bacon should get well roasted.
Tip: Serve with a green salad or potato salad.