Makes about 12 muffins of 6-8 cm in diameter
- 200 g mature Emmentaler AOC
- 150 g flour
- 250 g corn flour
- 1 sachet baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 decilitre milk
- 2 cups natural yoghurts 180 g each
- 70 g butter liquid, cooled off
- 150 g ham diced
- Roughly grate Emmentaler AOC.
- Mix flour, corn flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Whisk well eggs, milk, yoghurt and butter. Mingle with cheese and ham. Pour into flour mixture and stir until dough is smooth.
- Butter a baking tray for muffins or take for each muffins two paper baking moulds, put them into each other and put on baking tray. Fill the moulds two thirds full with the dough.
- Bake at 180° C for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Tip: Muffins may be prepared ahead and heated briefly in the oven before serving.