- 30 g butter
- 2 shallots chopped
- 300 g pumpkin without shell, cut into cubes
- 1/2 decilitre white wine
- 1 decilitre vegetable stock
- salt, pepper
- cayenne pepper (a little bit)
- 1 clove of garlic pressed
- 150 g mature Emmentaler AOC cut into small cubes
- 40 g breadcrumbs
- 300 g dough sheets for strudel
- butter for the baking tray
- 1 egg whisked
- For the filling, steam the shallots in butter until translucent, add pumpkin, steam briefly, deglaze with white wine, add vegetable stock and steam until pumpkin is semi-soft.
- Remove from fire, season and let cool off a bit. Then mix with cheese cubes and breadcrumbs.
- Spread filling on dough, leaving a rim of 5 cm.
- Use a towel to roll up the dough, close ends and lay strudel on a buttered baking tray. Spread with egg, use a fork to poke holes into dough and bake in the preheated oven at 200° C for about 30 minutes.
Tip: Serve with steamed tomato cubes.